This was the Conviviality Mixer of Mzansi (South Africa).
With belief in the power of corporate purpose, Pernod Ricard had finely tuned its intent to provide “Good Times from a Good Place”. It took voicing its purpose to create a more convivial world, a world that is without excess to a new level by rallying people, every year, with connectivity as its key ingredient.
The Convivial Mixer is now an annual experiential event that brings stakeholders together to connect and share with one another and the people at Pernod Ricard - in the company’s signature spirit of conviviality.
Our Moves were in line with Specific Campaign Goals to.
- Increase awareness from 55% to 60% amongst key media and influencers to achieve spontaneous recognition of Pernod Ricard being associated with conviviality, sustainability and responsibility.
- Create a stronger association between the company and its brands off a previous base of only 36% of media making this spontaneous connection.
- Build relationships so that 60% of key media and influencers expressed areas of interest for ongoing engagement.
There was a Real Need to get Real by Hosting an Event.
A survey by OpinionWay noted a deep yearning for connection and sharing, with 72% of South Africans feeling that they were meeting up with friends less and that in an increasingly disconnected world, brand events were valued for getting people to meet face-to-face and enjoy experiences together.
The focus on “Good Times” (tasting and hearing the stories of the wide range of heritage brands in the Pernod Ricard stable) and “Good Place” (seeing how Pernod Ricard was meeting its sustainability and responsibility commitments) blended together into the best time that was talked about by media and stakeholders.
Success in the Mix.
- 60 media engaged and attended the event
- 63% association of Pernod Ricard with its range of spirits brands
- 60% confirmed interest in continuing to engage with Pernod Ricard around commitments to circular making (minimising waste at every step while imagining new production methods to optimize and help preserve natural resources)
- 53% on being an eco-responsible organization